Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TuTus and Burps

Tonight was the night for early bedtimes. Johnathan was done with the day around 6 pm, but I stretched it out until 6:45 pm and Julia went to bed right after that at 7 pm (an whole hour earlier than usual).

This was okay because I had things to do.....meatball stew to make.......Idol to watch!

Well, I knew that 7 pm was a snish too early for her when I could hear her moving about frequently in her room (via the monitor). It didn't bother me since this is what she does at the beginning of her naps each day. She usually puts her baby in her "bed" (her new stool she got for Christmas opens up on the top) and up and down the stool she goes but always pretty much stays on her bed. So my plan was that if it went on much longer, I'd have to go up there and get on to her.

I hadn't heard anything for a while UNTIL.....about 8:15 pm, my sweet 3 year old comes down the stairs to tell me that she burped (random, I know!).....this is okay, but she was now dressed in a pink tutu and a black shirt that was not only inside out, but on backwards (notice the two white tags??)!













Did she think I wouldn't notice that her wardrobe had changed from what I put her in earlier? Did she not think that maybe she'd be in some big trouble if she came downstairs in a totally different outfit and perhaps she'd be found out?

Well, I turn around to stir the meatballs in the frying pan so that I could laugh and get it all out before having to tend to her original purpose for coming downstairs......her burping issue.

I had to take pictures because it was so darn cute and yes, for those of you who took Growing Kids God's Way with us.....I did tell her the whole shin-a-nagan was a complete no no as we cleaned her dress-up clothes off of the floor of her room!

God love her.....

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hilarious story!! How can you get mad at such a cute face???

B-Mom said...

She is such a poser! She knows how to work you girl! Me, too! They always do! So cute!