Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Decor Galore

Some of you were asking about our la casa and how it was decorated for the holidaze.



























I made these trees - just wrapped them with cool fun yarn (that you make scarves with) around one of those triangle styro-foam thingies...and voila! instant decorations.




































Also, here are some pictures of my very first sewing project. My friend, Emily, came over last week to help teach me to sew. She called me a little ambitious when I mentioned that I wanted to make Julia a new nap mat. that. night. !!

But before I show you pics of the new one....you be the judge and let me know if she was due for a new nap mat. This one was a child's garment bag that yours truly HOT GLUED (still my favorite) the ribbon around the edges. I secretly prayed Julia would lay on it at school with her legs bent so she didn't look too deprived of a nap mat that actually fit her!














And here is the new one!

I bought a body pillow pillowcase (one that was on sale in the teen section) which fits perfectly over the nap mats they give them at school.

Now, don't click on the picture because you will see a lot of, what I call, "drunk driving" with the thread and using that pedal thing on the machine....seems I'd catch myself driving a little too fast at times.






1 comment:

B-Mom said...

Good job girl. You are so talented!