Thursday, January 22, 2009

Silent Night

One night during the holidays during Julia's bedtime routine was just so sweet. #1, Julia never sleeps at school. #2, Julia USUALLY takes a nap after we get home from school. Well, #1 happened as usual, but not #2!

Needless to say, baby girl Bankhead was T.I.R.E.D. She didn't act up or anything like that, but the usual bedtime routine changed from: Bath, Read, Sing Songs, Pray, Kiss, Sleep tooooooo Bath, Read, Sing Songs, Sleep. She skipped the praying altogether (sorry "Shay and Steven").

It was now one of my most memorable times with my baby girl. I started singing Silent Night as our last song (you know the holidays and all) and her eyes started to droop. Surely this couldn't be. She's a partier, she stays up with the best of us. I thought, "Let me sing it again in case I was just thinking I saw her eyes starting to close".

So I sang it again....more droopy eye action. And I sing it again and again and again, droopy eyes turns into the sleep twitches turns into eyes closed for longer periods of time now....singing, sleeping, singing, sleeping, momma crying while singing because it's oh so sweet, more sleeping, more sing-crying and now she.is.silently.sleeping.


I settled for this picture since I don't normally take a camera in to her room at bedtime. But next time.....I WILL because I so wished I would have captured her little sweetness spilling out all over her chocolate brown polka dot pillow, hands under her cheek. Oh.so.sweet!

I love that girl and it's times like these the Lord gently reminds me of my little blessings. Thank you, Lord and thank you, Julia for letting me experience that with you.

Now, THIS is funny....can anyone relate to THIS bedtime routine? Enjoy!



Photobucket



1 comment:

B-Mom said...

I love the video, too! I'm glad you finally posted!