Thursday, January 29, 2009

Outta Towner Part 2

My dad's sister, Aunt Sue and Uncle Hal came to stay with us a night as they were traveling back from Florida (seeing my dad's other two sisters, Aunt Rudy and Aunt Judy).

They came to stay a night with us last year on their way TO Florida. I hope it becomes a yearly visit. I truly enjoy spending time with them and catching up. It makes me feel close to my dad when they're here.

Here are some pics from their visit.



















Jason planned a weekend in Ft Worth because my first husband (ha!), Kenny Rogers, was going to be at the Bass Concert Hall there in January.

So for my birthday (back in October), my man got me tickets! Of course we very quickly changed the night into a WEEKEND away and boy did we need it! First, we met BMom and Pop at Braum's in Decatur to hand off the kiddos. I did great and loved how relaxed I became the minute we drove off.....off to spend some much needed time. alone. with. my. husband!

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of BMom and Julia looking at the menu.....their hair is exactly the same color and they just look like grandmother and granddaughter. So sweet! I'm gonna black and white that one, for sure!
















We arrived and when we opened the door (after we gave our door man $5!), we were like two kids in a new play room! There was a
separate living room with a flat screen TV, kitchen and office....then in a separate room (with a door), was our bedroom.....with one of those heavenly beds (couldn't wait to jump in that and sleep in!), it had another flat screen tv in there, vanity and bathroom. Our own little house!

For the first few hours, all we did was lay on the bed and watch tv.....not Dora, not Diego, not Clifford the Big Red Dog.....OUR shows...anything and everything we wanted. We even spent $5 to watch an Office episode we missed the week before! So much fun.

Then we left and ate at the Italian restaraunt we went to on our second date. Not to worry, the waiter took a pic! We talked about everything with no interruptions, no wiping mouths, feeding babies or cleaning up random spills.....we just talked and stared at each other and even sat there WAY after we paid the bill!

Then it was on to see Four Day Weekend (improv comedy)! It was one of the best shows we'd been to. It brought back memories of our second date.

Then we got "home" and had a glass of our sparkling wine/cider and watched a movie on HBO and needless to say.....we were in bed ASLEEP by 11 pm in the heavenly bed.....sleeping IN to 7am.....

The next morning we just threw on some comfy clothes, kept our glasses on and went downstairs to eat our complimentary breakfast, which by the way was NOT just apples or bananas or a little muffin I could have bought at the local grocery store.....oh no! You could order ANYTHING you wanted or eat from the most amazing buffet (am I a red neck? or do I just not get out much?).

Anyway.....the weekend was topped off by going to see Kenny Saturday night, dessert afterward, and skipping church on Sunday to go to a movie instead. We just can't wait to do it all over again...... I don't think I've been that relaxed since before children, honestly. Is that bad?

Well, for the two of you who read my blog - do the same thing! Take time for your sweetie. I really enjoyed myself and I think he did too.




















.

2 comments:

B-Mom said...

Wellllll....my sermon #10000000 is that every couple, especially those with young children, needs to remember you have to work on your relationship too! You need "couple" time just as much as family time. Sooner than you think those precious babies will be grown and you'll be keeping THEIR babies (and loving it!). If you don't work on your relationship, you will wake up beside a stranger!

AND, we LOVED keeping them and would do it again ANYTIME! Your place or mine?

Shannon said...

What a fun weekend away!!!!