Friday, August 1, 2008

Artsy Fartsy!

Okay so thanks to my sister-in-law-in-crime, Shannon, she has me hooked on Nesting Place! Well and now that I think of it, this is the blog that my friend Courtney has been in love with for a long time now...sorry Courtney that I'm just getting it!

Oh yeah, so I've already put her little dealy blog button thingie on the side bar of my blog because I want all of you to enjoy her too! She's simply delightful and full of ideas that all of us Dave Ramsey/trying to save money/stay at home part time moms need!

Here is something I made while the kids were taking their nap the other day. 6 12X12 styrafoam squares or 2 long pieces cut up into 12X12 squares (this is what I suggest NOT doing!) from Joann's/Hobby Lobby, black paint (free from garage), mod podge (free from other projects), and 12X12 scrapbook paper ($0.50 each from Joann's/Hobby Lobby). Sooooo cheap and sooooo easy! Don't look too close, it was my first time and things got a little crooked. But hey, it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful, right? Other than that, I love the look. Now those windows need a little mistreating!




Photobucket

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I love it!! I'm seriously doing it in the near future somewhere in my house!! I am in love with the Nester!

Abby said...

Came to check out your wall deco - saw your comment at The Nesting Place. It turned out great!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Very nice! I've finally found a place to do something similar in my house.

~ Sarah

Bonita said...

Those are incredibly cool!

Amy Jo said...

That looks great! You said you don't recommend doing what? Cutting the length into 12x12 sections? I have a length of the foam that I havn't cut yet because I'm considering just leaving it that size and putting 3 12x12 papers on it consecutively. How'd you hang it on the wall, by the way? :)