Friday, August 1, 2008

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

clock-time-hfa.jpg (162672 Byte) clock photo

I can't believe out of the 9 months that we've lived here, I have NEVER heard my clock tick in the living room as I sit here in TOTAL SILENCE!

Yep girls...you heard me right. It's totally silent right now. Just me. No TV. No Music. Um....NO KIDS!!! Or a husband! Silence. Webster dictionary defines silence as:

si·lence
1.absence of any sound or noise; stillness.
2.the state or fact of being silent; muteness.

When was the last time you were silent? Whether it be to hear the birds chirping outside or the wind chimes blowing in the wind...or to be with God in prayer...or just to hear your clock ticking in your cozy living room? It's been a long time...a very long time for me. I hate to say it that even in my "quiet times", it's usually noisy.

I'm gonna practice this more. I'm going to call it my Clock Time from now on.

Jason and kids are headed to Burkburnett for some family time. Well, actually...Julia is going to stay with her BMom and Pop until next Thursday. Jason took Johnathan with him because I have a Beth Moore conference tonight and tomorrow. Mom and I are going and then tonight I'm going back to her house to spend the night! Girls' night! We've been planning this for months and it's finally here. Yeah!

J1 and J4 (that would be Jason and Johnathan) will be back tomorrow early afternoon. We have a jammed pack day (tell you more about that later). Sooooo my advice: Stop and smell the roses and listen to your clock tick every now and then. You might just enjoy it as much as I do at this very moment!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey, I found your blog through the nester's. Anyway, about listening to the clock, it does not relax me. It only reminds me of time I'm wasting. I'm just a tense person. I need to schedule time to relax. I enjoyed perusing the blog.