Monday, August 4, 2008

Six Months Comparisons

"Oh......my........GOSH!" is the lovely phrase my two and a half year old says from time to time when she is excited about something (which turns out to be quite often because she is pretty much always excited!)

But today would be one of those 'oh my gosh' days...my baby is SIX MONTHS OLD! What? I feel like I was just in the hospital answering all of the annoying questions doctors and nurses ask you right before they lay you out like Jesus on a cold metal table, right before they throw that ugly blue blanket thing in your face, right before they say, "lots of pressure here..." and then POOF! out comes a beautiful? baby? boy?, um...not so much...but beautiful from where I could see him!

I still think of you as this little whipper snapper who just lays there....now you're just my little whipper snapper who jumps around in your exersaucer and bounces in your bouncy seat and who really is my very own little JOHNNY JUMP UP! Now you're eating sweet potatoes, rice, peas and rice, & real bananas! You're growing up - stop it!
I love your smiles, your giggles, your kicks, your earring and hair pulls, your wanting to put everything in your mouth, your roll overs from your back to your tummy (never to return back to your...back), your little hands rubbing your eyes when you're tired, and even your spit up is okay (I've learned to wear a robe over my clothes now). And seriously....your first word being MOMMA!? That was joy to my ears. (Okay...for those of you thinking, "he's only 6 months old for goodness sake!", well...he DID say momma. I don't have proof of it, but Jason was there. It's true!)

So your daddy thinks you're the greatest. He loves to "jump" with you. And loves that you are quiet when sports come on, and he loves to tickle tickle tickle you making you laugh, showing off those TWO bottom teeth of yours!

Your sister absolutely adores you. Plays with you - even "FED" you the other day. You liked it. Nothing on the spoon. But you like it. And it was your time together. She screeched real high giggling at you and you thought that was the bomb! You laughed like I'd never heard before. Your first real real real giggle.

Your grandparents and aunts and uncles are amazed at how big you have gotten just in the last month. You have filled out, my little one. And I love it!

And me? Well - what can I say? I am just in love with you. I know one day you will break my heart and tell me no! But for now, I'm just enjoying your littleness. I want to capture every single moment with you in a bottle and remember it forever.

I pray your birthday today will bring you joy. You are such a blessing and answer to prayer for us, Johnathan Lawrence Bankhead.

Happy Six Month Birthday! Love, Momma

Here are pictures from when your sister was 6 months old in 2006 and pictures of you at 6 months old now:




































Photobucket

2 comments:

Shannon said...

First, your last post was great. Needed to hear it!

Second, oh my gosh! Ha! I cannot believe these babies will be a year old before we know it. Stop the madness!!

Third, love the pictures!

Kelly said...

Sweet post. He is a cutie!