Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ziploc Chicken

Okay so there were some of you asking for the scoop on my new found FABULOUS dinners! Go buy the Ziploc Steamer bags (buy the medium bags AND the large bags).

You can cook chicken, shrimp, salmon, any kind of veggie and I think I'm forgetting another kind of meat. Anyhoo, the bags come with recipes inside. And then they print right on the bag exactly the time limit for each kind of food.

Recipe for what I'm calling, "Ziploc Chicken": We thawed out some chicken, cut it up into bite size pieces. I sprinkled a packet of Ranch Dips in there along with about 5 shakes of worcestershire sauce. Put it in the micro for 5 minutes. When it was done, we threw it on a bed of rice (which I cooked for 5 minutes before the chicken because it takes 10 minutes for the rice to cook). Right after, we threw our asparagus in a bag and vio-lah....dinner in about 15 minutes. The chicken turns out VERY tender and cooks it all the way through (no pink!) and the veggies are nice and soft and cooked. When you're done.....ya just throw the bags away!

Oh and then the next night, Jason did the same thing only instead of the Ranch Dips packet ('cause we didn't have any more of them left), he sprinkled lemon pepper in the bag. Very good!

Sooooooooo easy for new moms, moms on the go or someone who hates to do dishes after dinner. And it's healthy steamed foods you're cooking for your family! Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny...I just bought some last night and steamed veggies at dinner. wonderful. Another new recipe I learned from my other daughter-in-law was pork chops in the crock pot, pour a bottle of Italian dressing over, cook in the crock pot...very tasty! Then, steam those veggies and you've got a really good meal! Wow!
B-Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm officially back in the blog world. Figured if you & Shannon had time, surely I could too! Not as exciting as yours though! I couldn't even remember my old one so recreated it under b-mom-moments.blogspot.com

Shauna said...

Hey!

I would love to work on your blog! I didnt get your email!!! Weird!

Email me at ksmccallaghan at hotmail dot com and we can talk details!

Shauna