Friday, March 28, 2008

The Love of a Child

I just got home from attending the funeral for Jason's little 9 year old cousin, William Sloan. The service truly honored William and showcased his sweet short life very well. There was not a dry eye in the church and rightly so. We are blessed to have such faith in our family. The love of the Lord is what the family is clinging to right now. Thank you for your prayers.

As I nursed Johnathan immediately following the service, I thought to myself, "sweet little boy, what if I only have you for 9, almost 10 short years?" At that, I just started to weep, holding him tight. Then when I talked with my mom later, she talked about Julia and how much fun they had together while I was gone. I thought....what if I only have HER for a short time as well? I don't understand the Lord and His ways at times, and I pray that if something were to ever happen to my children, I would rely on Christ as William's parents are during this time.

As I drove home, I prayed the Lord would help me when I get impatient with Julia or don't know what to do when Johnathan is crying and I'm not sure how to handle it....or when I don't want to get on the floor AGAIN to read a book with Julia or out of bed to tend to Johnathan one more time. I pray that I would cherish the days I have with them as if it were the last. I pray that for you today, dear sweet and tired new mom......hug your children and pray a prayer of thanksgiving.

So as promised, here are some of the pictures that were taken by our friend, Beverly Toney. There are more to come, so I will send some here and there once I receive them all. Here are some she sent already:
























3 comments:

Brooke said...

Your words are very touching. I'm a new mom and am amazed how much love you can have for a child. Your family is in our prayers.

B-Mom said...

The pics are awesome. I love that tight shot of Julia except she looks too old for my baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Guess who found your blog?? Good ole Meesh Randall down here in uptown. I love it! Now if only i could manage to blog about my life..... Love ya!!!!