Monday, March 10, 2008

PUMP it up!

I usually pump 4 ounces throughout the day so that we can feed Mr Johnathan a bottle at night. This is not only faster, but it allows Jason to participate in the feedings (which he really doesn't mind).

For my Type A personality, my plan is to: while Jason is feeding Johnathan, I pump some more for the NEXT night's feeding. This way I stay on top of it and don't have to feel pressured to find time to pump in between feedings all day long. Sounds like a good plan, right?

So when I pumped 5 ounces for last night's feeding, I was pretty proud of myself. Especially since I had a heck of a busy day: my mom decided she wanted to start walking with the Lord yesterday and made that long walk to the front of the church to pray with Pastor Khris (wow! what an incredible blessing that was!), then we went out to lunch with my mom and our new friends Kari and Brian, then I was home long enough to go over the drafted Bi-Laws for our church since I'm on that committee, I pumped after editing those, I left Jason home with Julia and Johnathan to go to my Bi-Laws meeting, left early to go to a dinner-get-together at Jen and Ross Bishop's house, and got home in time to give Julia her bath and well, feed Johnathan AGAIN.

So while Jason was giving the middle-of-the-night feeding, I pumped 3 1/2 ounces for tomorrow night's feeding. I was so excited because that meant I would only have to pump 2 ounces today. While I was finishing up, Johnathan was almost done with his 5 ounces. Jason gave me the bottle to put Monday night's feeding in, but by that time, he started fussing like he wanted more....more? How can you want more than 5 ounces? I was thinking in my head, "you better not drink more than an ounce of this milk I'm giving you, I need it for tomorrow night" What did he do? He drank ALL but 1/2 an ounce!!!! Nooooooooooo don't drink my milk! I mean, afterall....it IS HIS milk.

I don't know when I'll be back to normal, but the thought of pumping again today seems awful!

2 comments:

B-Mom said...

I'm surprised he's only drinking that much! I never had a baby that took less than 8 oz. from birth! Or at least it seemed that way. He's a growing boy...and if he's drinking that much then he's hungry. Look at this way...if he is satisfied, he will sleep longer which means more sleep for Mom & Dad!!!!!!!! So, pump it up has new meaning now, huh?

Shannon said...

After a full weekend of pumping at the women's retreat, I don't wanat to pump ever again! It's really annoying (but it is faster than feeding them, and someone else can do it).

That is awesome about your mom. We need to talk on the phone about it.

Oh, and I love your new header. Did Shauna do it??? She's so talented!