Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Couldn't Take the Pressure!

Okay, so I guess I got sick of hearing, "Did you read Shannon's latest blog?" or "Oh my goodness, did you see the pictures of Mallory and Morgan on Shannon's blog?"

The answer was always a resounding....Noooooooooooooo! What's a BLOG anyway? It sounds gross. Couldn't they have come up with a better name than BLOG? I needed some kind of reminder to read my sister-in-law's BLOG because I never remembered to read it. I always felt like the outcast in the family because they would constantly be talking about Shannon's BLOG. Okay, okay.....I'll read it.....that way next time you ask me if I've seen the pictures of my nieces, I can proudly say, "YES!!!"

On top of not being a BLOG reader, I felt pressured to give the grandparents a chance to see pictures of their other grandchildren and to be able to read about their day as well. So needless to say, I couldn't take the pressure anymore and decided that since Julia is now 2 years old and Johnathan is one month old (yesterday) - it was only fitting to start BLOGGING myself. I'm an official BLOGGER...not 100% sure if I'll succeed or fail at keeping up with it, but here is my feeble attempt to start:

Other than just having a baby and going from part time work to part part time work, my day pretty much consists of feeding Johnathan, running around with Julia, changing a few diapers, feeding Julia (NOT breast feeding!), then feeding Johnathan again, running around with Julia....and if I'm lucky - getting in a nap here and there (usually does NOT happen, though)

I went to my second Mommy's Group today. I have to tell you that I wasn't always in favor of "Mommy's Group". A year ago, I was a part of this same Mommy's Group that got together every Monday around lunch time. Julia was just starting to walk while the other kids were just itsy bitsy babies sitting so pretty and sweet in their carriers or on their cute monagrammed blankies. Julia inevitably would stomp all over the babies or think that one of them was trying to steal her toy or get just plain bored because none of the Halo Babies (this is my term for babies who are angels all of the time at this age because they aren't toddlers yet!) weren't playing with her.

When the anxiety level of my daughter taking dancing lessons on the Halo Babies' heads got so intense, I dropped out - holding the official title, "Mommy's Group Drop-out"!

Although I held my title proudly for the last year, I started going to Mommy's Group again 2 weeks ago when Johnathan was, well...two weeks old. There are new members of the Mommy's Group who have older kids than Julia (which makes it oh so much better) and now all of the original Halo Babies are walking on the heads of our precious new babies....who are now the second generation Halo Babies!

All of that to say that I enjoy it now and it's been great to spend time with my girlfriends and have (some) adult conversation in between the, "why did you push him?", "say your sorry", "you have a dirty diaper AGAIN?" and "you need to go sit in timeout for 2 minutes."

Speaking of 2 minutes (which is the length of time Julia sits in timeout....a minute per her age)...lately when you ask Julia what her name is, she answers, "Two Minutes!"..."No, not the time you spend in timeout, what is your NAME?" After asking her several times, she'll enthusiatically answer, "Julia BAKEhead!"

Well, I must run, my Halo Baby is waking up ready to.....you guessed it.....eat again. And my Toddler Two Year old is starting to wake up and I hear her counting to her puppy (this is her way of playing Hide and Seek). She's counting, "One, two, one, two, five.....her-i-come!"

Until next time I BLOG you......have a great day!





















4 comments:

Shannon said...

Welcome!!!

I'm so glad you did your first post with pictures! I can't believe how big Johanthan has gotten. We need to see him again soon!! When we ask Mallory her name she says, "Mallory...Pinkhead!" It's close enough:)

Kelly said...

How exciting...you're a blogger! :) The kiddos are adorable!

Mrs. Everything said...

So glad you jumped on the blogwagon!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! This is exciting...get to see all my precious grands on the Blogs! Love it!
B-Mom