Sunday, April 27, 2008

What in The...World Market?

Here is my "World Market" story. Last week, mom, Johnathan, and I went to World Market...the store with tons of fun things to look at where they jam pack tons of those things into one not-such-a-big store.
Go with me here: I have Johnathan in his carrier inside one of the small World Market shopping carts (like the grocery store). Mom is off shopping somewhere else and I am pushing Johnathan up to the front to ask the sales girl about an item out front. I get my answer and off we go. I push him along the side wall checking out the vases, pick it up, check the price and put it back. I push him a little further, pick up the glass jar that would look oh so cute on my kitchen counter, check the price and put it back. Oh, the pillows down there are so cute...pick it up, check the price and put it back. Get the picture? I was just shopping...me and Johnathan, Johnathan and I...mother/son time...perfect. I get a little further down where they have all of the furniture so close together you have to turn sideways just to get through. As I was trying to get my shopping cart through, I bump one of the tables and chairs and look down to see if I woke Johnathan up.

Um, I look down and I realize, as I'm in a state of shock, I had been pushing the display cart full of the World Market's POTATO CHIPS WHILE MY SON WAS STILL AT THE FRONT OF THE STORE WHERE I LEFT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loosing my ever loving mind! How embarrassing! I'm sure people were looking at me with this mound of potato chip shopping cart thinking, "wow, she must be having a party or something!" or maybe they were calling CPS on their cell phones, I don't know. All I know is that I quickly walked back to the front of the store to retrieve Johnathan.

I yell out to my mom who came from behind the towel section. I reenact the whole scenerio, she took this picture (kinda blury from her cell phone, but those are ALL chips!) and SHE wheeled the chips back to the front for me. Thanks mom! Soooooooooooooo, next time you think YOU'RE having a bad day - just keep this story in mind.










Okay, here are a few pictures of Johnathan and Julia. He found his hands last week and is just talking talking. It is the SWEETEST sound to a mother's ear. Check out the video here:


And this may be a little R Rated...but I HAD to share an item we got at the diaper shower. It's a PeePee TeePee. It's what you can cover the ol' dinga-ling-aling with when you're changing diapers. Viewer Discretion Advised:









My Aunt Mavie, my mom's sister, was in from Vermont. She is Julia and Johnathan's Great Aunt Mavie and we jokingly call her Graunt Mavie, but she prefers Aunt Mavie instead, so that is what we call her.




















We had the Bishop's and Roach's over for dinner on Friday night. Kind of a last minute deal. Here are pics of the kids eating their dessert.




















Last but not least...I think I'm seeing the pot belly that I've been waiting for starting to pop out on Johnathan now. I LOVE it! Hopefully at his next weigh in, Dr. Geutersloh will be proud!











Photobucket

6 comments:

B-Mom said...

Girl! You are hysterical! And, maybe too busy! Slow down! I'd like to keep my only grandson around for a while! I love the video too.

Shannon said...

WOW. If I had been drinking or eating something while I read that, I would have choked and died!! You seriously couldn't tell the difference between a cart with potato chips in it vs. a cart with your son in it??? I want to know exactly how many minutes you pushed around that cart:)

That video is sweet. I love their little voices.

Anonymous said...

That. Is. So. Jen Bankhead.

I love it! You're not losing your mind. You're just amazing :) Johnathan is freaking adorable and little Julia is precious. She's gotten so tall!

I hope you and Jason are great - if you ever get downtown, give me a ringaling - and Michael and i can meet you all for dinner!

xoxoxo. Meesh

Anonymous said...

LOVE the video of Johnathan cooing!!

Bartley Family said...

Thanks so much for Jason's help the other day with Wayne's stuff. The World Market story is hilarious and hopefully all CPS will do is make you take some parenting 101 classes. Talk soon.

Anonymous said...

I prefer seeing thecock and have no issue if he pees on me I would cover his dick and drink it