Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 5 - He's Back!

Okay, so I have NEVER seen Julia dart out of her toy room (which is just the little space under the stairs in our house that we've turned into a play place) soooooooooo fast! "Dadda, dadda, dadda!!" Kissy kissy, hugs hugs, lots of love and laughs in about 2.5 seconds of Jason's arrival back home.

Let me back up and tell you about my last day alone, though.

It started with an almost on time arrival to Mommy's Group at Jenni's house. We had a few hitting and pushing times by, pretty much, all the girls (we only have 3 boys and two of them are babies). The most amazing thing is that William (Jen Bishop's 3 year old son) and Julia actually got along this week! We were wondering what the deal was. Jen Bishop said, "is there a full moon coming tonight or something?!" They usually pick on each other back and forth and there are lots of time outs and, "Julia - share!" and "William, give that back to her", and no's, etc....you get the picture if you're a mom of a toddler. Anyhoo, so all in all Mommy's Group went well!

Then nap time went great. Julia went down around 2 pm and Johnathan and I hung out. THEN came the tornado warning sirens in our neighborhood. Now I knew that a storm was going to be blowing in, so I decided to turn off Oprah and check the weather. There were some signs of funnel clouds IN MCKINNEY, JUST ABOUT A MILE from our HOUSE! Sooooooooooooooo, I immediately started making room for me, Julia and Johnathan in Julia's toy room (which remember is under our stairs)...this would be the safest place for us to go.

From the time I cleaned a space out and got everything ready to grab the babies and make a run for it, the sun was out and the storm had passed. In fact, it came and went so fast the news people were shocked as well. Because of the storm, Jason's plane had to circle over Dallas for about an hour, so it put him home later than expected.

But we were ready for him. I dressed Julia in this denim dress with Longhorns on it and a longhorn shirt underneath and had Johnathan dressed in a NINE MONTH old Longhorn onesie (it had been Julia's!). Now, for those of you who know me, you know that this is against my religion (well, in the college rival sense of the word). I am an Aggie and Jason is a Longhorn. These two don't mix very well, except when I want to make my husband smile after being gone for 5 days and he gets to see his kids dressed in his favorite team's colors. Otherwise, these are ugly colors for any human being to have as a part of their wardrobe.

So we ate dinner together, put Julia to bed, went to bed early ourselves and slept very well (Johnathan slept all the way through till 5!). I'm so glad he's home. Thanks for hanging in there with me the last 5 days.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!? No pictures of our sweet longhorns?? Bet you thought your camera would break! I'm glad Jason made it home safely. It was bittersweet to see you and Johnathon at Williams funeral. L love your blog! Much love to you all, Aunt Mari Sue

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about that hideous burnt orange. Who does look good in that color anyway? No one!

Thanks for letting me hold Johnathan during bible study this morning. What a treat!

B-Mom said...

Hook 'em horns. Who cares if you look good in burnt orange...it's not intended to be a fashion statement. Ha! And, besides, Julia & Johnathan look great in any color! Oh, except maroon.

Shannon said...

Glad you survived by yourself. Even though we do it by ourselves during the day, it is still hard when the daddy is gone! After the first weekend by myself, Brad got home and I left pretty shortly after that. I just needed to get in the car, drive to McDonalds and get a Coke...all by myself:)

B-Mom said...

Oh, had to share with you. God gave me a vision last night. He said, "Sharon, tell everyone that if I saw fit to cover the sky in hues of burnt orange at sunset, then burnt orange looks good with anything!" Just wanted to share that with you! lol

LaShay & Steve said...

Mom, I think that was more of Satan putting horrible thoughts in your head! I'll be praying that God protect your mind from such evil. Jenn, I admire you for wanting to make Jason happy. You're a good wife. Now it's okay to go ahead and burn those clothes! hee hee! Love you and it was GREAT to see you at the funeral! I hate the circumstances... but it was good to see you and meet my nephew! We'll see you guys at the reunion! We love ya'll! GIG 'EM!!!