Monday, April 14, 2008

More Water Stories

What an exciting day we had yesterday! Mom got baptized by Jason in our Sunday morning service. It was so sweet. My mom's friend, Carol, came in from Bryan with her son Daniel. My friend Kristi, Brianna and her husband, Corey came to church as well as Jason's parents. It was such a wonderful celebration.

I will have pictures posted on this particular blog soon...since my camera made a dive into the water two days prior, I had to use my video camera to take pictures and I haven't had time to retrieve those off of it. Check back to this day for pictures...coming soon.

Jason started out by saying, "This is my mother-in-law, Sayla, Jennifer's mom. And on March 9th she made a decision to follow Christ as her Savior. She always knew of God, but it moved from her head to her heart that day..." Then he asked her if she has asked Jesus Christ to be the Lord of her life and she said yes and then he said, "I baptize you my mother-in-law and now my sister in Christ, in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit" (while he was "dunking" her). She was really cute about the whole thing. Really excited. She also had some mixed emotions since two days before, her dearest friend for many many years, Barbara, had suddenly passed away from a massive heart attack. Mom said it just really put her baptism into perspective.

After church we had a house full of people over for lunch to help celebrate mom's new life. It was a lot of fun and if I know my mom, she probably slept LATE this morning!

God is good. Love!

Photobucket

No comments: