Monday, November 17, 2008

Update

Oh yeah, this is going to be a crazy LONG catchup. But I'm sick of not blogging. You wanna know the reason why I haven't blogged in so long. Because I can't find JULIA'S 8 and 9 month baby pictures! It's frustrating being a Type A personality.

I've let go and here is the catch up. When I do find the pictures, I'll post.

Johnathan: Johnathan turned 8 months old on October 4th (the day before my 36th birthday) and 9 months old on November 4th. He's growing like crazy, has 6 teeth, eats everything (hasn't eaten baby food in a long time), runs everywhere in his walker, army crawls everywhere on the floor, pulls up on anything and everything, still drools and snots, he laughs when you tickle him, claps, waves, says mama and dadda, still loves his bath and his sister, sleeps 10-12 hours at night, and we love him so so much. We couldn't imagine our lives without him.

Julia: Julia turned 2 years and 9 months old on October 4th and 2 years and 10 months old on November 4th. She's also growing like crazy, has all of her teeth (still, if she doesn't quit falling during her little toddler years!), eats everything also (except tomatoes like her dad and chunky chicken), she is pretty athletic (how do you tell at this age?), but she loves to run and kick the ball. She keeps us laughing at everything. Here are her top 10 sayings/words:

10. "Hippopatamus" (that's a hard word for a 2 1/2 year old!)
9. "Daddy's in Romania" (another one...)
8. "What did you dream about last night, Julia?" "Um, ABCs."
7. Her dinner prayer: "Thank you for mommy and daddy, Shay and Steven...Jesus Amen"
6. "Mallory's my cousin like Deego is Dora's cousin"
5. "I go poopoo - it's a heart!"
4. "Bubba just said, 'Dora!'" (does this girl love Dora or what?)
3. "Johnatin, you in time out....2 minutes!" (she thinks SHE'S his mommy)
2. "The zipper is broken! Get some batteries to fix it?" (her suggestion after I fixed one of her battery operated toys...she thinks batteries will fix anything....even zippers!)
1. "Mommy got a peeter like daddy" (in response to my new COMPUTER looking just like Jason's)

The Beginning of October: We went to see Brad's team play soccer. Mallory and Julia played together as well as Johnathan and Morgan. I made a make-shift bed for Julia in the hotel room - pushed the two chairs together and voila! a toddler bed!


















Mallory and Julia couldn't WAIT to get in BMom and Pop's car to go spend a week in Burk. And Shannon and I celebrated when they did! ((I teared up a bit, but was quickly over it on the car ride home...in peace and quiet!))
















I did some projects when Miss Julia was gone for the week. I put the ball fringe around her valance and moved some things around. You know that garage sale Shannon mentioned in her blog? I got the white shelf for $2 and put some fringe around the bottom to spruce it up. I hung it up over her bed along with that "Dream" thing I bought for real cheap at Hobby Lobby.






















And I (uh, Jason) even did some redecoratin' in our closet. Took down that awful globe light in our closet and put up the $12 Trades Days find. Much better!














NOTE: No babies were harmed during this making of this film: This is what happens when you turn your back on an 8 and a half month old football player. He tackles everything - including our VERY HEAVY IRON barstool! He was laughing so hard like he'd really done something magical. I guess he did in his own world.















This is Brian, Kari, Jason and I trying to be real cool in our not-so-young-anymore-ages....going out from 8 o'clock to midnight and riding EVERY scary upsy downsy ride there is at Six Flags and Jen (yeah, that would be me!), getting el' sicko after!!!














Pumpkin Patch times a million. Mom took Julia on one of her school days because I wasn't able to. Then we went with MOMs Group, then....well, I guess that's it....it just FELT like a million!














Mom, me, Sherry Samuels and her daughter, Amy Robinson went to see NEIL DIAMOND! He's mom's favorite and I grew up listening to him pretty much every Saturday when mom cleaned the house! The concert was soooooo much fun and if you ever have a chance - it's an experience! He puts on an EXCELLENT show. We had a blast!














Friends of ours, Todd & Sonnya Airhart, sent Julia a Prosper Eagles cheerleading outfit equipped with pom poms! THEN! We went and beat the Celina Bobcats (our RIVAL) after 24 straight years of losses against them. It was truly an experience! We were out late late late with the kiddos (we usually leave at half time). Johnathan was KONKED out after! Soooo much fun.















Julia teaching Johnathan to drive....there are longer videos of this, but it wouldn't let me download them. Here's a little taste....


And Julia is helping me fix BMom's Chicken and Rice that we cook ALL OF THE TIME! She is cutting the bell pepper (bell pecker in her language, though!) and Johnathan is helping cheer her on in the background.














Then we have Halloween Halloween Halloween! I was soo tired of Halloween and all the costume days, that when November 1st came, I secretly smiled.

Julia went as a Ladybug (my mom has her own little business called Ladybug Wreaths, so we thought it was fitting!) and Johnathan went as a horse. So stinkin' cute. I love that guy.

Julia goes to two different schools, so it's double this, double that during the holidays. She had two costume days, plus we had storytime for MOMs Group at the library on Halloween (see picture of a ladybug in Julia-Ladybug's hand. How ironic that a Ladybug would find a ladybug during the photo shoot!), then that night we went to a festival in Prosper (not to mention all the pumpkin patch trips). Johnathan goes to a totally different school than either one of Julia's and had his own costume day.

So again needless to say, I was really really happy to put the costumes and halloween decor away after the festivities!! More stuff for November in the next post....LOVE!

4 comments:

Mark & Terra said...

Hi Jen! So glad to have an update on y'all. I thought you had fallen off the blogger planet. For some reason I couldn't view all the pictures :( Love y'all!

B-Mom said...

Wow! So, glad to see your post! Please don't tell me "Daddy's in Romania." If so, we had no idea!
The pics are awesome. They are real cuties! But, what would you expect? Can't wait to see you guys.

Mrs. Everything said...

Yay! It's about time!! j/k

I feel like I never see you and this is the only way to keep up. Keep posting.

c

Shannon said...

GREAT update!!!

I love all of Julia's favorite words/quotes!!

Your projects look great...I knew they would:)

And, last, but not least...we have Johnathan's soccer shorts! I found them back in October, but forgot to tell you. I'll bring them at Christmas.

Can't wait to see the kiddos in perosn soon!!!!