Saturday, November 22, 2008

Midnight Twilight

Twilight book series by Stephanie Meyer....GREAT book to read, if you're looking for something good to read.

I was a little skeptical being that the only books that grace the bottom of my shelves in the last 15 years are all pretty much self help books; How to Have a Godly Marriage, How to Raise Your Kids God's Way, Love and Respect, His Needs Her Needs, etc etc etc. I don't get into fiction much....but the Twilight series have been a great fast read.

Anyhoo, a group of gals and I challenged each other to get the first (of four) books read before November 20th since that was the day (night....midnight) the movie of the first book was coming out.

Well, we all read the book(s) and made it (in our old age) to the midnight premier! Of course books are always better than their movie and this was no different. However, it was great fun to be in a theater full of giddy teenage girls. Made me feel real young (and old all at the same time)!

Here are some pics of us crazy gals...From Left to Right: Sherry Samuels, Jackie Schelp, Jenni Graham, Emily Berg, Christy Smith, ME, Stacy Cameron, Kara Krouse, Krista, Abby Wood. Then a pic of the girls getting ready for the movie.

Bottom pic is of me, Amy Robinson, and Laura Samuels (Warren Samuels' daughters). Shirts read: "Bite Me", "I Like My Men Cold, Dead & Sparkly" and the regular Twilight shirt. I still wish I would have gotten the one that says, "My Marriage Survived the Twilight Series!"
























Just an FYI...other Godly women love the Twilight series as well. This is a gal (who does the Home Script vinyl letterings), Ruth (the third girl from left)...she and her girlfriends went to the release of the last book, Breaking Dawn. See their cute t-shirts too. I'm telling you - go get the book, you'll really enjoy it!














Photobucket

6 comments:

B-Mom said...

I'm shocked! I saw the premier...maybe I missed something. I know we live in a small town, but I'm not seeing this as being one that our women's ministry would embrace. We're more into Mama Mia & Hairspray. AND, they're not all my age. I'll take your word for it. You can explain it to me this weekend!

Kelly said...

Hey I just did a post about it too. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it. I'm even going to read the next book. A good mindless indulgence is fun every now and then! :)

B-Mom said...

OK...guess I gotta try it. IF it is mindless I might can handle it. But not the movie. I have to cover my eyes in just war movies!

JLB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JLB said...

I don't know if it's weird to leave a comment on your own blog, but BMom, it's NOT scary....they're not scary vampires and the movie is DEFINITELY not scary!

If you like reading about something that could never be true (like vampires) and want a good book to read (I would be blow drying my hair at times because it was so hard to put it down!)....then go get it and read it. Enjoy!

JLB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.