Saturday, September 13, 2008

Latest in the Decorating Area

Some of you are wondering how my mistreatments turned out. The kitchen mistreatments were tabbed curtains I had in my kitchen in Van Alstyne. I just got up on my counter (Julia thought that was pretty cool!), folded the tabs under and pinned them with upholstery tacks for both my kitchen window and the window right next to it....voila! done...no expense except the upholstery tacks (which are $1.99 for 24!).























Remember when I posted about my cool inexpensive wall art a while back? Well, here they are with my other new mistreatments hung (I know, I still need to add fringe to the bottom, but haven't found yet). My wonderful sister-in-law, Shannon, made these curtains for our living room in Van Alstyne...sooooooo I re-used them here. Again, folded the tabs and pinned. The middle one is just a smaller piece of the curtain (originally from WallyWorld), folded and pinned as well. It gives the living room a softer look.














This window is from our old NEXT office. Warren sold me a slew of them for real cheap. I used the biggest one to display black and whites of our family. And then the rest of the photos are just different things you all wanted to see throughout our house. Thanks for enduring the tour!







Photobucket

3 comments:

B-Mom said...

Love it...course I got to see it in person. I love the window frame with the pics. So cute.

And, thanks for the pics of my kiddos...I made the changes.

Shannon said...

Soooo cute! I really LOVE that window with the pictures.

I'm behind on commenting. Just know that I've enjoyed the last few posts. Can't believe you are still making Johnathan's baby food! You go! Julia is looking SO BIG!!!

Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Mrs. Everything said...

Ummm... and can I get my hands on 1, just 1 little window for cheap??? It can be the one you dislike the most ;)