Monday, May 11, 2009

MOM's Day

THAT WAS THEN...

Julia and I:


























Julia so sweet...













Julia and Johnathan...

















Johnathan and I:













THIS IS NOW...
Ohhhhhhh, what a fun Mother's Day I had.

Thursday morning when I dropped Julia off at school, they had a little breakfast for us moms. They had put together a photo book for the whole year starting with Julia's first day of school picture this year, her height (36 1/2 inches) and her weight (30 lbs). She is now 38 inches tall and 31 lbs.

All us moms sat on the floor and looked at the books with our little ones. Then we ate muffins and opened little gifts they had made us. It was really really special. The gals at our church made it memorable.




























Then, here are some pics of the kids making BMom and Boppy's Mother's Day cards (only we called it BMom Day and Boppy Day since they aren't THEIR mothers).....BUT! I wouldn't be their mother without our mothers.

Julia was so into it, covering every detail. Johnathan, um, he ate his paint! Thank goodness for non toxic paint (and washable, I might add!):
















































































































































So on Sunday, actual Mother's Day....I had just taken a shower, gotten dressed and was about to start blow drying my hair and getting ready for church when Julia walks in with a dozen red roses and right behind her was my little man carrying me a card.

Then I opened the gift I have been talking about since January. A hair dryer!!


I HATE HATE HATE drying my hair, and I needed something more powerful than the one I had (it was getting slower and slower with each use). Love it!




So we went to church, our whole class skipped Sunday School to go out to lunch together for Mother's Day, then mom came over, we gave her the homemade card and other gifts, then she and I left to go see Earth. Very good.

Then we got back to a dinner that hubby made for us (he's a keeper) and then Julia, Boppy and I planted two big plants together as well as a little Julia-sized herb garden.






















































Then the kids went swimming at the Bankhead Waterpark (this is what I call it now). Soooooo nice!

It was a great day. A wonderful reminder of God's little gifts. Even though it's tough at times and I don't know what I'm doing half of that time....it is so rewarding. God continually reminds me of the two lives He has given us responsibility over - a true blessing.

Hope YOU had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Is it bad that I look forward to Mallory starting school for all the cute little crafts she will make me?? Not the only reason, of course!

What a fun Mother's Day/Weekend! Your bar is perfect for crafting! Hilarious how opposite the kids are when they made their cards:)

Happy, happy Mother's Day!!